Thursday, May 21, 2015

Meet Lucky!


Lucky is Lucky!

This beautifully wire-haired terrier was found in January of this year by a customer of the neighborhood 7-11. I pulled in to get gas and heard the employee inside calling Animal Control to pick him up. I couldn't ignore the sadness in his eyes and offered to take him home. Remember, this was months before we adopted Rudy. He wagged his tail and hopped right into the car. My kids, husband and I all fell in love with him instantly.

Long, drawn out story cut very short, he ended up with my neighbors who had abused him. I tried really hard to get him back. I found his original owner who said he no longer wanted him. Animal control couldn't do anything because there was no proof.

I thought it was over. I was devastated. This is when we went to adopted Rudy.

There was a big storm one day. The neighbors let him outside and he ran away when a big thunder sounded. Animal Control picked him up. This was on a Friday and they are closed over the weekend so I knew Lucky would have been there all weekend. That broke my heart.

Since Animal Control picked him up, my neighbors got two more dogs. That made me so mad.

Anyway, first thing Monday morning I went to the shelter to find out when he would be available for adoption. He would be available on Wednesday if his owners didn't come to pick him up.

They didn't pick him up and I adopted him first thing Thursday morning. He was legally mine. He was ecstatic when he saw me in the shelter!

Of course after the adoption, my neighbors started drama. They've called the police saying I stole him. They've called Animal Control saying that I leave Lucky and Rudy outside for hours without shelter and water. They all roll their eyes when they see the adoption papers, the dog houses and the bowls of clean water outside, not to mention they have their own couch in the house... They are happy and my family is complete.

Lucky is back home where he belongs!





No comments:

Post a Comment